Apply, request or book online

Apply for, request or book Council services online. Srcoll down the page or use the page contents list to go direct to the section you need. 

Adult social care

Self-assessment for adult social care 

Financial assessment for adult social care

Carer self-assessment

Apply to be a shared lives carer

General enquiry for adult social care 

Bins, recycling and litter

For residents

Order a new or replacement bin

Request a diabetic sharps waste collection

Apply for a waste disposal permit for the Household Waste Recycling Centre

Order a composter

Request street cleansing    

Request assistance with your bin collections 

For businesses

Request a quote for our business waste service

Request a commercial clinical waste collection

Benefits and support

For residents

Apply for Council Tax support

Apply for Housing benefit

For businesses

Apply for the House of industry fund 

Apply for the rural grants scheme

Apply to the Community chest fund

Sign in to the landlord portal for Housing benefit (Landlords only)


Apply for a disabled person's bus pass

Apply for older person's bus pass

Renew your disabled person's bus pass

Apply for a replacement bus pass

Apply for a temporary bus stop suspension

Business rates

Register for an online business rates account    

Sign into your online business rates account        

Set up or amend a direct debit for business rates    

Request a business rates payment change

Apply for charitable rate relief   

Check the rateable value of a property

Council Tax

Register for an online Council Tax account

Sign in to your online Council Tax account

Find out which Council Tax band you are in   

Switch to paperless Council Tax bills       

Apply for (or change) a reduction in your Council Tax

Data protection and access to information

Make a data subject rights request         

Make a freedom of information (FOI) enquiry

Fostering and adoption       

Enquire about adoption  

Enquire about fostering

Have your say

Join the Citizens Panel

View the consultations database


Apply for a new / renewal private hire / hackney carriage vehicle licence

Apply to renew a private hire / hackney driver licence         

Apply for an HMO licence

Apply online for a temporary event notice

Apply online for a late temporary event notice

Apply for other licences

Pay for a licence

Jobs and careers

Apply for a job with the Council

Apply anytime social care vacancies

Apply for a job in Children’s social care  

Sign up for weekly jobs bulletins 

Apply for a Multiply course


Apply for a resident parking permit

Apply to hold fitness or sessional activities in our parks / open spaces

Apply for a fishing permit

Register to volunteer in our parks and open spaces


View and comment on planning applications

Search planning applications

Search maps

Request for pre-application and other advice


Book an appointment to register a birth    

Complete the death pre-registration form

Order a copy of a birth certificate   

Order a copy of a civil partnership certificate    

Order a copy of a death certificate 

Order a copy of a marriage certificate

Schools, education and childcare

School admissions

Apply for a school place 

School admission appeal

School transport

Apply for school transport (related to family income) 

Apply for school transport (post 16)

Apply for SEND post 16 school transport       

Apply for school transport (starting school mid-year)            

Apply for a replacement school transport pass

Cancel school transport

Change of address for school transport

School transport entitlement appeal 

Early years 

Apply for funding for early education / childcare

Visit Best Start Bedford         

Register with a Children's Centre

Free school meals 

Apply for free school meals

School governors       

Apply to be a school governor

Child employment  

Apply for a work permit for a child

Apply for a child performance licence   

Chaperone application form

Voting and elections