We aim to promote road safety through a range of programmes with our partners.
- Highway Code is essential reading for everyone and includes rules on:
- drivers and motorcyclists
- traffic signs and road markings
- driving in adverse weather conditions
- Find out about local and national speed limits. The speed limit is the absolute maximum - it doesn’t mean it’s safe to drive at this speed in all conditions.
- Motorcycling Matters is a forum for anybody with an interest in enjoyable and safe motorcycling in Bedfordshire and Luton.
- Think! advice, education and campaigns on road safety
- Bikeability is the Department of Transport’s cycle safety and training programme for schools and adults.
- Travel Bedford offers information on local cycling clubs, help to choose a bike and bike safety.
- Sustrans is a charity that works to make it easier for people to walk and cycle.
For more information email the Highways Helpdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bedfordshire Police keeps camera safety data within Bedfordshire and Luton.