Skip to main content

Other dog issues

Dog fouling

We regularly clean streets and public land.

Tell us about a dog fouling problem that cannot wait for the next scheduled clean. 

You can also give details if you have witnessed someone who does not clean up after their dog.

Report dog fouling

Dog waste bins

Dog waste bins are provided by us at many sites throughout Bedford Borough for dog owners to dispose of dog mess, preventing the spread of disease. If you can’t find a dog waste bin, you can put your bagged dog mess in a normal street litter bin.

Find your nearest dog waste bin.

Report overflowing dog waste bin

Dog control orders

We have a range of dog control orders that fine people who:

  • do not clean up after their dog
  • allow their dogs in dog free zones like play areas and sports pitches
  • do not keep their dogs on leads in certain areas
  • do not have control of their dogs on a lead

Dog barking

If you are being disturbed by dog barking you can submit a noise nuisance complaint using our online reporting system.

Report a noise nuisance

Dangerous dogs, illegal dog fighting and banned dogs

Call the Police on 101 (or 999 if you consider it is an emergency) to report illegal dog fighting or dangerous dog matters. For example, if a dog has attacked a person or another dog, is out of control and seems likely to attack or is causing fear and apprehension.

It’s against the law to own the following types of dogs:

  • Pit Bull Terrier
  • Japanese Tosa
  • Dogo Argentino
  • Fila Brasiliero

There are certain circumstances where banned dogs are permitted by the Courts. More information can be found on GOV.UK's  banned dogs webpage.

You can report banned dogs to the Police on 101.

Dog welfare

All issues relating to dog welfare should be reported directly to the RSPCA.

On this page