The Allocations and Designations Local Plan allocates sites to meet Bedford Borough's future development needs and designates areas of land where specific policies will apply.
It is consistent with the strategic approach which is set in the Council's Core Strategy and Rural Issues Plan. It was adopted by the Council on 17 July 2013.
A copy of the plan is available to view, along with previous versions and other supporting documentation:
- Allocations and Designations Local Plan (July 2013)
- Adoption statement
- Adoption sustainability statement
- Revised Sustainability Appraisal
- Revised Sustainability Appraisal appendices
- Revised Sustainability Appraisal - non-technical summary
- Statement of Consultation
- Background papers
The Policies Map incorporates the changes that arose from the adoption of the Allocations and Designations Plan.
The plan was produced between 2008 and 2013. Consultation was undertaken at various stages in accordance with the appropriate regulations and the Council's Statement of Community Involvement. The plan was submitted to the Secretary of State in May 2012 and an independent Inspector held hearing sessions between November 2012 and January 2013.
The Inspector concluded that the plan was sound in his report which was sent to the Council in June 2013.
Draft Allocations and Designations Local Plan documents
These documents are listed under the stages of the plan process starting with the most recent.
- Inspector's Report
- representations on Proposed Modifications
- Proposed Modifications
- Sustainability Appraisal of Proposed Modifications
- Habitats Regulations Assessment of Proposed Modifications
- Public Examination Documents List Part A
- Public Examination Documents List Part B
- Allocations and Designations Plan for Submission
- Allocations and Designations Plan accompanying maps
- Allocations and Designations Plan background papers
- Sustainability Appraisal
- Habitats Regulations Assessment
Issues and options
- Draft Plan (2010)
- Draft Plan background papers
- Sustainability Appraisal of Draft Plan
- Sustainability Appraisal of sites
- Climate Change Paper
- Sustainability Appraisal addendum
- Issues and Options Paper
- Sustainability Appraisal of Issues and Options Paper
- Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report
- Settlement Policy Area Methodology consultation
- Call for Sites Site Assessment Methodology (original version)
- Call for Sites submissions