Building control ensures buildings are built by the building regulations and associated legislation.
Building regulations are not the same as planning permission.
Building control at Bedford Borough Council
Our professional qualified surveyors provide a service that is:
- simple to use
- cost effective
We guide you through the regulations. This is to make sure work goes smoothly and meets required standards.
Let us know when the work is ready for inspection. We can then provide the best value and most efficient service to you . This helps us keep costs low and avoids building problems.
Our building control service offers:
- advice before you make your application
- straightforward application forms and procedures
- same day inspection service if notified by 10am
- help and advice on meeting regulation requirements as work proceeds
- review of charges to ensure they are kept as low as possible
- a completion certificate at no extra cost. This is after the final inspection and shows satisfactory completion of the work. Most lenders will need to see this document when a mortgage is being raised on the property.
Visit the Planning Portal or contact a party wall surveyor to see if the Party Wall Act affects you.
Visit GOV.UK for information on the Competent Person Scheme.
Contact Building Control
Bedford Borough Council
Tel: 01234 718081