Parking in Bedford town centre is simple and convenient.
Multi-storey car parks closed except Queen Street
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak there are changes to our car park opening times.
Queen Street multi-storey car park will remain open 24/7.
All other multi-storey car parks will close until further notice. This includes Lurke Street, River Street and Allhallows.
Alternative parking is available with over 1,000 spaces at surface car parks including Riverside Car Park, St Mary's, St Peter's, Duckmill Lane, Ashburnham Road, Prebend Street and Melbourne Street, and on-street parking will be available as always.
- Up to 2 hours every Saturday in all Council town centre single and multi-storey car parks.
- All day every Sunday in Council-owned town centre car parks
- Every day after 6pm in all town centre car parks except for River Street
- Free on street parking after 6pm, Monday - Saturday except for Castle Lane which is 11pm
- First 2 hours parking free Monday to Saturday in Queen Street Car Park
You may still need to put a 'pay and display' ticket on your vehicle
Late night parking
Allhallows, Lurke Street and River Street multi-storey car parks are open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Lurke Street and Allhallows car parks offer free parking from 6pm to 6am.
Parking is now free for up to 2 hours in all town centre multi-storey and surface car parks on Saturdays. This does not apply to on-street parking.
- Allhallows multi-storey car park
- Lurke Street multi-storey car park
- Queen Street multi-storey car park
- River Street multi-storey car park
- Duckmill Lane surface car park
- Greyfriars surface car park
- St Peter's Street surface car park
- St Marys Gardens
Car park season tickets
Season tickets are permits or passes that allow you to park in a particular car park. They are available for most car parks. A season ticket reduces the average price of daily parking. You pay for a season ticket in advance so there is no need to visit a pay machine at all.
Please note that a season ticket is only valid for the car park for which you have paid for.
Season car park tickets start at the first day of each month.
Download a car park season ticket application form here - you must use this option if you need us to send you an invoice.
You can renew a car park season ticket by email at email@example.com or by phone on 01234 718057. Please tell us:
- your contact telephone number
- the car park you want to renew your permit for
- your vehicle registration
- the month you want to start from
Electrical vehicle charging bays
Electric vehicle charging bays are available in all Council car parks, view the map here.
Avoid getting a fine
You must put a 'pay and display' ticket on your vehicle, even if the first 2 hours are free.
Check arrangements at the car park when you park your vehicle.
Displaying the free pay and display tickets helps us see how long vehicles have been parked for. This ensures a regular turnover of spaces and prevents abuse of the scheme.
If you want to park for longer than 2 hours, you will need to pay the relevant tariff.
Car parks map
Click the 'Parking' (P symbol) links on the map to access information and costs on each car park.