Harrold-Odell Country Park is made up of 144 acres of award winning green space which includes a nature reserve, two picturesque lakes and a stretch of the River Great Ouse. From April to November cattle roam in the river meadow.
Harrold-Odell Country Park is one of five Bedford Borough Council managed parks which has been awarded a Green Flag. The Green Flag Award scheme recognises quality parks and open spaces in the UK and around the world.
The Park was also granted the CPRE Mark for Landscape Improvement award.
Friends of Harrold-Odell
The Friends of HOCP is a voluntary organisation that takes an interest in the Park, volunteers and supports the work of the park rangers. The Friends were awarded the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service in 2018. Membership is open to anyone and is free. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Boardwalk overlooking the Dragonfly Pond
- Car park on site. the main car park is open 24 hours. The overflow car park closes at 5pm.
- Fishing (permit only)
- Outdoor classroom
- Outdoor gym
- Play area for 2-8yrs (Harrold end)
- Play area for 8-12yrs (Odell end)
- Two bird hides
Fishing in Harrold-Odell Country Park
Fishing at Harrold-Odell Country Park is restricted. In some waters fishing is not permitted at all. Where fishing is permitted you will need a current Environment Agency rod licence.
In other areas you must also purchase a fishing permit from Bedford Borough Council.
Fishing permits are valid for one season only. The fishing season runs from 16 June to 14 March each year.
All information on where you can and cannot fish is posted outside the park's Visitors' Centre and on fishing map boards located around Harrold-Odell Country Park.
Before you can purchase a fishing permit, you will need these documents/information to hand:
- Your Environment Agency rod fishing licence number
- Debit or credit card (for online payment)
- Vehicle registration (if you bring your car on site when you fish)
Fishing permits prices 2020-21
Permits are for the whole season only. There are no day tickets available.
- Day fishing: adults £47, concessions/juniors (under 17), OAPs £19.50.
- Day and night fishing: adults £73, concessions/juniors (under 17), OAPs £30.50.
If you fish without a permit you will be liable for a fine.
Fishing permits for the 2020-21 season will be available to buy from 21 April 2020. Prices will remain the same for this season.
You can contact the park office on 01234 720016 between 9am-5pm (answerphone out of hours) or email email@example.com.
The Dragonfly Café is open daily and run by Churchill Catering Ltd. It provides a menu with healthy and traditional choices and high quality Lavazza coffee. Breakfasts are served until 11.30am, light lunches until 2.30pm with cakes, cold drinks and Wall’s ice cream available until closing time. At peak periods a takeaway cabin is open overlooking the lake.
- April to October: 9am to 4:30pm (5pm through the school summer holidays)
- November to March: 9am to 4pm
Telephone 01234 331278