We actively encourage our parks to be used for events and other community activities.
For information on any of our parks and open spaces, or to find the most suitable location for your event, please don't hesitate to contact the Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting your application.
Apply to hold an event online by completing our Event Notification Application Form.
Helpful resources to support your event planning and delivery:
- Event Application pack (PDF)
- Guide to Organising Safe Events (PDF)
- River Great Ouse Event Form (form events which include use of the River Great Ouse or waterways regulated by The Environment Agency) (PDF)
- Traffic Regulation Orders (for events on or affecting a public highway)
In order for your event to be booked into the parks diary, along with your event application form we will require a risk assessment, site plan and a copy of your public liability insurance (£10 million or above).
Events Advisory Group
Through our Events Advisory Group (EAG) we work with partners to promote practical standards of public safety at all public events in the Borough and encourage the wellbeing of the public at those events.
EAG includes members from the ambulance, fire and police services (and relevant specialists from within the Council who give aid, advice and support) to help ensure that an event is successful from all aspects, and to help manage the impact of public land/highway events on the wider community.
Examples of public events considered by the group includes:
- fetes and fairs
- open air concerts and music festivals
- trade shows
- sporting events
- animal, agricultural and car/caravan shows
- open air entertainment including concerts, theatre and historic re-enactments
- firework displays
- large-scale company parties
- processions, marches and carnivals
- street parties.
- charity stunts
- religious events
For more information on type of events considered:
- Events on the highway (Traffic Regulation Orders)