Allotments provide an opportunity to work and relax in peaceful green surroundings, and allow you to grow your own fruit and vegetables.
We own and manage more than 300 allotment plots which are available for hire in:
- Allen Park, (situated at the end of Old Ford End
- Goldington Field, Barkers Lane (opposite Wendover Drive)
- Newnham Avenue (entrance next to Priory Methodist Church)
Rental charges for a 12-month period:
- Full rate, up to full plot size: £60.60
- Full rate, up to half plot size: £30.30
- Full rate, quarter or starter plot: £22
- Concessionary rate, up to full plot size: £36.35
- Concessionary rate, up to half plot size: £18.20
- Concessionary rate, quarter or starter plot: £15
New tenants must also pay an administration fee of £30 for full rate plots and £15 for concessionary rate plots which includes a key (to be returned on termination of the tenancy).
Apply for an allotment
Email: email@example.com for further information or to apply for an allotment. Please provide your name, address, telephone number and preferred site.
There is a trading shop at Newnham Avenue allotments, the opening hours are normally:
- Wednesdays and Saturdays from 2pm to 4pm
- Sundays from 10am to midday
Other allotment sites in Bedford
- Haynes Field (Barkers Lane, opposite Kimble Drive) Telephone 07933 671365
- Mile Road (149 Mile Road, MK40 9UP) Telephone 07564 649137
- Brickhill Drive (Foster’s Brow)
- Queens Park Allotments (Winifred Road) Telephone 07999 498320
- Kempston: There are three allotment sites in Kempston.