The following public toilets are now open:
- Allhallows by the bus station, Greenhill Street (Monday – Sunday)
- Priory Country Park (Monday – Sunday)
- Harrold Odell Country Park (Monday – Sunday)
- Changing Places toilet for disabled people at River Street multi-storey car park (Monday – Saturday)
- Russell Park (Monday – Sunday)
- Mowsbury Park (Monday – Sunday)
- Mayes yard in Bedford town centre (Monday – Saturday)
- Lurke Street (Monday – Saturday)
All these facilities are open and opening times and locations can be found here.
St Pauls toilets remain closed at this time.
We have in addition the 24 hours Automatic Public convenience at Addison Howard Park and Bedford Park, with an entry cost of 20 pence.
There will also be signage to remind people of the importance of good hygiene and social distancing.
Report a problem with public toilets
Please tell us about problems such as a broken sink or anti social behaviour.
Community toilet scheme
Changing Places disabled persons' toilet
The River Street multi-storey car park in Bedford town centre has a Changing Places disabled persons' toilet on the first floor.
The toilet is open Monday - Saturday 8am - 5:30pm.
Changing Places toilets are designed to meet the needs of all people with a disability by providing more space and equipment such as a height-adjustable, adult-sized changing bench and a hoist.
RADAR toilet keys
A RADAR Key opens over 9,000 locked public disabled toilets, enabling people with a disability to used locked toilets facilities across the UK.
Anyone who considers themselves to have a disability is eligible for a RADAR Key.
To apply please download a RADAR toilet key application form (PDF) and either return it to us by post or in person.
Bedford Borough Council
Customer Service Centre
2 Horne Lane
RADAR Key cost
- New RADAR key: £2.60
- Replacement key: £6.20
Bedford Borough Council only accepts card payment for RADAR keys.