In Bedford Borough we offer two sites for burial and cremation. Norse Road, and Foster Hill Cemetery. The information below will give you further information about both sites and fees.
In line with the Government’s guidance to slow the spread of coronavirus, 60 close friends and family of the deceased may attend.
We offer options with regards to webcasting, for anyone wishing to record the service, or are unable to attend the service, and want to watch it from the comfort of their home through a secure website. For further information please speak with your Funeral Director.
We respectfully ask you to observe the following:
- family groups that live together can sit or stand together at the service
- if you don’t live together, you must make space to meet the social distancing guidelines
- the chapel attendant or funeral director are on hand to make sure this is followed and to keep everyone safe
- family members are currently not able to take part in singing, carrying, lowering or placing soil on the coffin
We are always ready to give conducted tours of the Crematorium and Cemetery. These tours can be for organisations or individuals.
Call the cemetery office on (01234) 718150 or email email@example.com to make an appointment.
Memorial inspection programme
This programme identifies memorials in need of repair. It is part of our duty to ensure a safe environment for staff and visitors. The memorial inspection programme covers:
- all headstones at Foster Hill Road and Norse Road Cemeteries
- closed graveyards we are responsible for
Funeral ash scattering
Reporting issues in our closed cemeteries
We inspect all memorials in our closed cemeteries to make sure they are safe and free of vandalism. Call 01234 718150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to:
- raise any concerns
- report vandalism
- have questions regarding our closed cemeteries across Bedford Borough