Skip to main content

Concerned about a child?

If you are unsure that a child may be suffering but are worried, or if you are concerned that a child has suffered harm, neglect or abuse, please use the contact details at the bottom of the page.

In an emergency outside normal office hours, please contact our Emergency Services on telephone or the police.

You may be concerned about a child close to you - perhaps a relative's child, a neighbour's or even your own - and want to talk to somebody. You can call your local Children’s Services, the Police or NSPCC and be sure that your call will be dealt with sensitively and professionally.

All cases are treated in confidence by highly experienced staff who work with children and their families. Their main role is the welfare and protection of children. The Bedfordshire Local Safeguarding Children Board believes, wherever possible, the best place for a child is with their own family.

If you think a child or young person is being abused or mistreated or you have concerns about the safety or welfare of a child, you must speak to someone immediately.

You can ring the Integrated Front Door (previously MASH) on 01234 718700 (office hours) or ring 0300 300 8123 (out of hours).

You can also contact the Integrated Front Door (previously MASH) using the referral form (Word)

If it is an emergency please ring 999

  • Bedfordshire Police: 01234 841212
  • NSPCC 24 hour Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000

All calls are treated in confidence and passed to a suitably qualified professional who can act on any of your concerns.