We aim to work closely with families and other professionals to provide safe, high-quality services for children and young people in need.
Children's social care
The Children Act 1989 says that there are certain things we must do for children in need and their families. Doing these things is our priority. Beyond this, we do our best to help as many people as we can.
To make sure we get the right services for the right children at the right time, we have to carefully assess what they and their families need.
Here are a series of children's social care information leaflets in PDF format:
- Care Plan Reviews - Information for parents, carers and families
- What is a referral to Children’s Social Care?
- Information sharing and consent - guide for parents, carers and families
- Information sharing and consent - guide for children and young people
- Why is a Social Worker here?
- Child Protection Conferences - Information for parents, carers and families
- Child Protection Conferences
- What is a Child Protection Enquiry?
- Family Group Conference Service - for families
- Family Group Conference Service - for professionals
- What is Special Guardianship?
- Comment, Compliment, Complaint leaflet - Children's Services
- Early Help Services
- Early Help Services for Families