We asked some of our adoptive parents to tell you in their own words about their adoption journey.
Everybody's adoption experience is unique so we hope you will find the one that speaks to you.
- Chris and Lucy's adoption journey coincided with the coronavirus, but their chance to be a family was not delayed as social workers continued to progress their application and support them through every stage.
- Emily and Adrian adopted two boys after being unsuccessful with IVF. Read how they feel "truly blessed" to have given two boys with difficult beginnings a loving, family home.
- Mark and Daniel are a same-sex couple who adopted a young boy and praise our fair, non-judgemental and compassionate team of social workers.
- Sarah and Jeremiah adopted a brother and sister of dual heritage. Infertility left them feeling hopeless but an initial phone call to our Adoption Team changed their lives and completed their family.
- Sandra and Gary adopted a baby girl and found the adoption process went smoothly and the training course very helpful in preparing them for "parenting plus".