School governors are skilled, motivated people who are committed to making an improvement in our schools.
Every school in Bedford Borough has its own governing body which is made up of staff from the school, parents and members of the public who are committed to serving the best interests of the school and contributing to the school's efforts in raising standards.
Learn what it means to be a governor through the Governors for Schools' governor stories.
Apply to be a school governor
We are looking for people who:
- have an interest in education
- can give active service to the community
- can help our schools provide the best education for each child
- would like to be part of a team dedicated to achieving this
- have the time to make a commitment to learn about the role, attend training and ongoing professional development
To find out more, please email email@example.com.
All applications go to:
Governor Training and Development Coordinator
Bedford Borough Council, School Improvement Team
5 th Floor, Borough Hall
Bedford MK42 9AP
We work with Governors for Schools to address recruitment needs in Bedford Borough schools. By finding, nurturing and supporting a committed network of governors we help to drive systematic change in how schools operate.