Most blocks of flats in Bedford Borough have been provided with communal rubbish and recycling bins.
A reusable recycling bag is also supplied to every property in this scheme.
How to recycle
- Fill up your reusable recycling bag with your clean recycling.
- Take your bag down to the communal recycling bin and empty it into the bins.
- Bring your bag back up to your flat to fill up again.
What can be recycled in the flats recycling bins?
- Food tins and drink cans, aerosols and foils.
- Cartons, mixed paper and cardboard.
- Plastic bottles and household plastic packaging.
What cannot be recycled in the flats recycling bins?
- Black sacks
- Car parts
- Garden waste
- Electrical appliances
- DIY waste