We provide a chargeable service for the collection of bulky waste items which are too large for your regular household and recycling collections.
Types of household bulky waste we collect
- Bed bases and mattresses
- Televisions and computer monitors
- White goods (washing machines, dishwashers, fridges, freezers, cookers, microwaves)
- Furniture (sofas, chairs, tables, footstools, dressing tables, wardrobes, drawers)
- Carpets and lino/vinyl
Bulky waste collection costs
- £36.20 for up to five items
- £56 for a collection of six to twelve items
If you receive Council Tax Support you may be entitled to a 50% reduction of the cost of a bulky waste collection, for up to five items only.
Book a bulky waste collection
Call 01234 718060 and pay by credit or debit card.
Please be aware there is a non-refundable administration fee if a booking is cancelled once payment has been made. We must receive a minimum of 24 hours’ notice of a cancellation to qualify for a part refund.
Larger household bulky waste items
We can also collect the items listed below, however we will need to visit and provide a quote for removing the items. There is no charge for the visit if you decide not to accept the quote.
- Windows and window frames
- Pipe work
- Refuse, rubble/bricks and cardboard boxes
- Garden waste
- Kitchen units
- Wall units and radiators
To request a quotation please call 01234 718060.
Rural bulky waste services
Once a year a refuse lorry and an open skip visit each parish so residents in rural areas can dispose of domestic bulky waste. The service is provided for household waste only. Business or commercial waste will not be accepted.
Please place waste directly into the vehicle or container provided. Do not leave waste on-site if the vehicle is not present.
We will not collect:
- acids, asbestos and lead sheeting
- oil, paraffin, gas cylinders, petrol and creosote
- toner cartridges, batteries and tyres
- clinical waste
- fridges / freezers, electrical items and fluorescent lamps
The Household Waste and Recycling Centre at Barkers Lane, Bedford will accept oil, tyres, batteries, electrical items and some household chemicals as well as general domestic rubbish.
For further information on this site please visit our waste recycling centre page.
This service is provided for domestic waste only. It is illegal to dispose of business waste via this service. Anyone observed disposing of business waste will be reported and may be prosecuted.