You can recycle and dispose of household waste which we do not collect as part of your normal bin collections at:
- the Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) on Barkers Lane, Bedford (Details below)
- over 60 of our mini recycling sites
Daily: 9am to 5pm
Late night opening: 7pm on Saturdays only between 1 April and 30 September.
Closed: Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
Site closes at 1pm on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
Last entrance to the site is 10 minutes before closing time.
We accept the following items
- fridges and freezers
- large appliances
- electrical goods
- small appliances
- TVs and monitors
- fluorescent tubes
- low energy bulbs
- paper and cardboard
- glass bottles and jars (clear, brown and green)
- food tins and drink cans
- scrap metal
- mixed textiles and clothing and shoes
- gas bottles
- DIY waste eg rubble, tiles, plasterboard (restrictions apply)
- garden waste
We do not accept
- trees with diameter greater than 30cm
- animal waste
- telegraph poles and railway sleepers
You will need a waste permit to deposit waste at the household waste recycling centre if you:
- need to dispose of four to six items of DIY waste per month
- are a householder in a van, pickup or flatback
- visit in a car towing a single axle trailer