Find plans, decisions, documents and planning applications, enforcement notices and appeals
- Find documents and reference numbers
- Check Planning Constraints on the Map
- Protected tree information
- Understand Land Charge search results and where to find the documents
- How do I find the Planning Use of a property or land
- How do I confirm commencement of development – submit a lawful development existing certificate
- Read our Statement of Community Involvement
When permission is needed and how to check if permission has been given
- Do I need planning permission and what is permitted development?
- What is a breach of Planning Control and how can I check?
- Has planning permission been given?
Personal data for planning and commenting
The answers to the questions below are all dealt with on the planning comments page, once on this page, please click on the relevant link in the menu.
- How does planning notify neighbours?
- How do I comment on an application?
- What planning can take into account when I comment?
- How is the decision made?
- How can I view the decision?
- When applications go to Committee or when is it determined by the Officer (Delegated Decision): please read the Planning Scheme of Delegation (PDF)
- Find details of the Planning Committee Right to Speak Scheme (PDF)
- View Planning agendas and minutes
Submitting appeals and planning applications
- Submit an application to planning
- What are Prior Notifications?
- How to Discharge Conditions
- Find information about submitting a Planning appeal
- An Applicant / Agent guide to planning
Historic environment, planning policy, CIL and S106 agreements
- Find information and details about S106 agreements
- Find information about CIL
- Find information about Planning Policy
- Find information about the Historic Environment (listed buildings, conservation areas, archaeology advice, protected trees and the Historic Environment Record)
- Matters not dealt with by Planning
Making a complaint
- If you have a complaint about the Planning Services Department, then please go through the Council's Complaints Procedure
- If you are still not happy then you can go to the Local Government Ombudsman, an independent person who investigates allegations of maladministration causing injustice to the person who has complained.
When to contact Planning
- In most cases for a formal response from Planning you will need to complete the relevant form for an Application, Appeal, Planning Breach, Planning enquiry or S106 information request
- For general queries, assistance with planning online, taking payments and providing access to documents not online and copies
Telephone: 01234 718068
8.45am to 5.15pm (Monday to Thursday) and 8.45am to 4.45pm (Friday)
Customer Service Centre: Horne Lane, Bedford, Opening hours: 8.45am - 5pm (Monday to Thursday) and 8.45am to 4.45pm (Friday)
Post: Planning Services, 4th Floor, Borough Hall, Cauldwell Street, Bedford, MK42 9AP