Skip to main content

Contact planning

Search plans

Search plans so that you can:

  • view planning documents and applications
  • submit a comment (read 'how to' guide 5 before making a comment)
  • check planning history from 1948 to date
  • check planning constraints on the map
  • read the 'how to' guides for assistance with above and planning processes

Documents include: 

  • application correspondence
  • plans
  • decision notices 
  • S106 Agreements
  • Tree Preservations Orders
  • listed building descriptions
  • enforcement notices
  • appeal decisions
  • officer reports
  • link to policy documents used when making a decision

Personal data policies

Look at our 'how to' guides for details on our policies on personal data:

Please also refer to our GDPR privacy statements with the How to Guides or by referring to the Bedford Borough Council GDPR page

Submit a planning enquiry or for planning advice

Please see our planning enquiries page and follow the steps.

For a response from Planning please, complete the planning advice E-form and refer to the fees and exemptions list

Planning application

Submit a planning application

Please follow the steps on this page and refer to the Validation Lists. How to Guide 6 can assist.

Planning enforcement

Make a planning enforcement complaint


Enquire about appeals


Submit a S106 enquiry

Community infrastructure levy

Enquire about CIL

Please also see the following documents

Planning services

Customer Services can help you: 

  • navigate online planning information
  • assist with enquiries
  • take payments
  • provide access to documents not online and copies

For anything more specific or for a response from planning you would need to select the relevant form and/or link as detailed above.


01234 718068

Lines are open:

  • 8.45am to 5.15pm, Monday to Thursday
  • 8.45am to 5pm, Friday


Customer Service Centre

Horne Lane

Opening hours: 8.45am - 5pm (Monday to Thursday) and 8.45am to 4.45pm (Friday)


Planning Services
4th Floor
Borough Hall
Cauldwell Street
MK42 9AP


If you have a complaint about the Planning Services Department, then please go through the Council's Complaints Procedure.

If you are still not happy then you can go to the Local Government Ombudsman, who is an independent person that investigates allegations of maladministration causing injustice to the person who has complained.

On this page