The Local Transport Plan 2011 to 2021 (PDF) strategy sets out a plan to create a transport system in which walking, cycling and public transport are the natural choices of travel for the majority of journeys because they are affordable, healthy, convenient and safe alternatives to the private car.
Local Transport Plan (LTP3) supporting strategy documents
- Active Travel Strategy (PDF)
- Freight Strategy (PDF)
- Network Management Strategy (PDF)
- Parking Strategy (PDF)
- Passenger Transport Strategy (PDF)
- Road Safety Strategy (PDF)
- Sustainable Modes of Travel Strategy (to school) (PDF)
- Transport Asset Management Plan (PDF)
Local transport plan review
As LTP3 will run until 2021, we will need to review and adapt it on a regular basis, to ensure that it continues to address relevant issues and change. A key aspect of the Plan's development has been working with partners and stakeholders and we will continue to involve them in its further development and in the implementation plan. We will also continue to consult and engage the public.
Local transport strategy plan LTP2 (PDF)