Skip to main content

Drains and ditches

We are responsible for drains and ditches (sometimes known as gullies), located on the public highway in Bedford Borough.

If a property is at risk of flooding, call emergency services on 999.

Private drains and sewers are the responsibility of the land owner.

If you think a drain or ditch has been blocked, flooded, or a cover to a drain is damaged, then please let us know.

Report a drain problem

Report a drain problem

Report a ditch problem

To report a ditch problem, please contact the Highways Helpdesk on or telephone 01234 718003.