Sexual entertainment venue

To run a sexual entertainment venue you may need a licence from the local authority. To run a venue where explicit films are shown to members of the public, you also need a licence from the local authority.

Before you apply

Download and read the following documents carefully before you apply for a licence. 

Downloadable documents

To download our current policy for the Regulation of Sex Establishments and Sexual Entertainment Venues, please click on the link below.

To download a Sexual Entertainment Venue (SEV) Licence Application form and supporting documents, please click on the links below:

Pay for your licence

  • 12 month Sexual Entertainment Venue Licence Fee:  £4500

Pay for a sexual entertainment venue licence 

GDPR and Privacy Statements

The full Privacy Statement for Sex Shop and SEV licences can be viewed here