Skip to main content

Animal welfare licensing

The Government published updated legislation for animal businesses. Under the new regulations, animal boarding businesses (including home boarders and day carers), dog breeders, pet shops and riding establishments will be covered under a single type of licence from that date. It will be known as an “animal activity licence”, with new nationally-set licence conditions for businesses providing animal related services.

Find out further information on animal licensing, how to apply, and what conditions you need to meet to gain a licence on the pages on the right hand menu.