Bedford Sports Awards
Do you know someone who deserves sporting recognition? Nominate them today!
How to nominate:
The deadline for all nominations will be Wednesday 20 November at 5pm.
We would like to attract nominations from as many different clubs, groups, individual schools, coaches, volunteers and teams as possible.
You can make as many nominations as you like – but you only need to complete one form for each nomination you would like to make. It is the content of each nomination that is judged and NOT the number of nominations received for each nominee.
The Award Ceremony will take place on Monday 9 December 2019. All nominees will be invited with one guest, however we may be able to fit more guest in if you put in a request.
If would like any more information please contact email@example.com 01234 718827
- Sports Club of the Year – Riverside Tennis Club
- Community Sports Award – The Salvation Army
- Sporting School of the Year – Goldington Academy – Football
- Junior Sports Personality of the Year (17 and under) – Frankie Johnson – Athletics
- Special Commended (Junior Sports Personality) – Maddie Axford – Hockey
- Young Sports Volunteer of the Year – Amelia White (joint winner) – Multi Sports
- Young Sports Volunteer of the Year – Jena Theed (joint winner) – Netball and Disability Horse Riding
- Sports Team of the Year – Bedford Hockey Club Girls' Under 16s
- Sports Admin/Club Person of the Year – Dee Patterson – Multi Sports
- Sports Coach of the Year – Sam Brightman – Netball
- Disability Sports Award – Varun Bandi – Wheelchair Athletics
- Adult Sports Personality of the Year – Alex Edwards – Freestyle Kayaking
For information regarding the Bedford Sports Awards 2018 Ceremony, please download a copy of the programme (PDF).
Follow the link for the results for the October 2019 Aquathlon
The Bedford Junior Aquathlon is a continuous swimming and running event for children in school years 3 to 11 (with variation of lengths and laps according to age).
The 28 Bedford Junior Aquathlon took place on 6 October 2019 at Robinson Pool in Bedford Park, we had over 100 participants taking place.
Bookings for this event are now closed.
No more entries will be accepted on the day.
Important information for participants:
- Aquathlon Rules
- Running Route Map
- Pool Layout for Years 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
- Pool Layout for Years 8, 9, 10 and 11
- Over taking in Pool
- Parking Map
For more information about the Bedford Junior Aquathlon please contact Amy Stevens on 01234 718827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sports Village at Bedford River Festival
The Bedford River Festival is a bi-annual, high profile community celebration that is recognised as one of the biggest outdoor festivals in the Country. Bedford River Festival has been running for over 30 years and has grown bigger and better every year.
The Sports Village at the Bedford River Festival is located next to one of the main access bridges to the festival. It offers visitors the opportunity to take part in, watch, find out about and enjoy a massive range of sports, health and leisure opportunities.
Attractions include a Sports Stage for displays of dance, gym and martial arts, a huge climbing wall, canoes and rowing boats offer the chance for visitors to try out a new activity. Local gyms, fitness clubs and local sports clubs also promote their programmes and activities.