Bedford Sports Awards
The 24th Bedford Sports Awards celebration took place on Monday 9th December 2019 at the Bedford Corn Exchange. Many congratulations to all of the winners and those who received a special commendation listed below. Also many thanks to our sponsors for their generous support.
- Sports club of the year - Bedford Hockey Club
- Community club/group of the year - Bedford and District Netball League
- Sporting school of the year - Brickhill Primary School
- Junior sports personality of the year - Holly Tutt (Skiing)
Special commendation - Maddie Axford (Hockey)
Special commendation - Ruby Isserlis (Canoe polo)
- Sports young volunteer of the Year - Sophie Beckett (Netball)
- Sports team of the year - Bedford Rowing club junior squad (Rowing)
- Sports admin/outstanding volunteer of the year - Nikki Woodworth (Gymnastics)
- Sports coach of the year - Richard Darwin (Cricket)
- Disability sports award - Dermot Bailey (Wheelchair Tennis)
- Adult sports personality of the year - Tennyson James (Athletics)
Special commendation - Ellis Haggith (Basketball)
- Outstanding achiever award - Jonathan Katz (Fencing)
Visit here for the 2019 Sports Awards programme which lists all those nominated
If you would like any more information please email Sport@bedford.gov.uk
Follow the link for the results for the October 2019 Aquathlon
The Bedford Junior Aquathlon is a continuous swimming and running event for children in school years 3 to 11 (with variation of lengths and laps according to age).
The 28 Bedford Junior Aquathlon took place on 6 October 2019 at Robinson Pool in Bedford Park, we had over 100 participants taking place.
Bookings for this event are now closed.
No more entries will be accepted on the day.
Important information for participants:
- Aquathlon Rules
- Running Route Map
- Pool Layout for Years 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
- Pool Layout for Years 8, 9, 10 and 11
- Over taking in Pool
- Parking Map
For more information about the Bedford Junior Aquathlon please email Sport@bedford.gov.uk
Sports Village at Bedford River Festival
The Bedford River Festival is a bi-annual, high profile community celebration that is recognised as one of the biggest outdoor festivals in the Country. Bedford River Festival has been running for over 30 years and has grown bigger and better every year.
The Sports Village at the Bedford River Festival is located next to one of the main access bridges to the festival. It offers visitors the opportunity to take part in, watch, find out about and enjoy a massive range of sports, health and leisure opportunities.
Attractions include a Sports Stage for displays of dance, gym and martial arts, a huge climbing wall, canoes and rowing boats offer the chance for visitors to try out a new activity. Local gyms, fitness clubs and local sports clubs also promote their programmes and activities.