Community centres are a great place to meet, hold social, cultural and educational activities for all ages and a place for people to get involved
Check out what's happening at your local community centre. You can ask about availability online on each community centre page.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking a cautious approach to the reopening of community centres.
The Council is working closely with management committees to ensure they comply with the latest government guidance, have a comprehensive risk assessment and confirm the venue is safe to open to the public. (Opening dates may vary.)
Updated 11 September 2020
Council-owned or leased community centres in Bedford and Kempston
- Cauldwell Community Centre, Althorpe Street, Bedford, MK42 9HF
- Faraday Community Centre, Kelvin Avenue, Bedford, MK42 9ND
- Jubilation Community Centre, Moulton Avenue, Bedford, MK42 0JB
- Queens Park Community Centre, Marlborough Road, Bedford, MK40 4LG
- Scott Hall Community Centre, Barford Avenue, Bedford, MK42 0DS
- Southfields Community Centre, Southfields Road, Kempston, MK42 7NR
- Tavistock Community Centre Princes Street, Bedford, MK40 2SX
Independent community centres
- Brickhill Community Centre, 24 Avon Drive, Bedford, MK41 7AF
- Church Lane Community Centre, 147 Church Lane, Bedford, MK41 0PW
In order to provide a sustainable future for community centres, proposals have been put forward for ownership and delivery of them to be transferred to community groups, local entrepreneurs or businesses, independent of the Council.