With COVID-19 cases in Bedford Borough still high, we are asking residents to exercise caution and common sense to help stop the spread of the virus and protect our community, family and friends.
Each Community Centre and Management Committee will be following Government guidance on how to stay safe and protect others by controlling the spread of COVID-19.
Updated 19 July 2021.
Community centres are a great place to meet, hold social, cultural and educational activities for all ages and a place for people to get involved
Check out what's happening at your local community centre. You can ask about availability online on each community centre page.
Council-owned or leased community centres in Bedford and Kempston
- Cauldwell Community Centre, Althorpe Street, Bedford, MK42 9HF
- Faraday Community Centre, Kelvin Avenue, Bedford, MK42 9ND
- Jubilation Community Centre, Moulton Avenue, Bedford, MK42 0JB
- Queens Park Community Centre, Marlborough Road, Bedford, MK40 4LG
- Scott Hall Community Centre, Barford Avenue, Bedford, MK42 0DS
- Southfields Community Centre, Southfields Road, Kempston, MK42 7NR
- Tavistock Community Centre Princes Street, Bedford, MK40 2SX
Independent community centres
- Brickhill Community Centre, 24 Avon Drive, Bedford, MK41 7AF
- Church Lane Community Centre, 147 Church Lane, Bedford, MK41 0PW
In order to provide a sustainable future for community centres, proposals have been put forward for ownership and delivery of them to be transferred to community groups, local entrepreneurs or businesses, independent of the Council.