Skip to main content

Noise, nuisances and pollution

We work to reduce pollution in Bedford Borough by monitoring air quality, treating contaminated land and addressing domestic and commercial environmental issues.

It is now even easier to report environmental issues on your mobile phone or tablet from the pages in this section. 

If, for whatever reason, the local authority cannot take action, or if you do not wish to involve them, you can complain about a noise problem direct to the Magistrates Court under Section 82 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990. The Magistrates Court will need to be persuaded that the noise problem amounts to a statutory notice. For more information on how to do this read our leaflet on Section 82 here