My Council Tax is changing. From mid March we are introducing a new, improved account which will make it easier to check what you owe, apply for or amend your direct debit, or sign up for paperless billing.
If you have already registered for an account you will need to set up a new account.
Check back to this page in mid March to find out how to sign up for your new Council Tax account.
View, manage or register for My Council Tax account online
To register an account please read the instructions and then click the button below.
Creating an account is easy and takes a couple of minutes. You need an email address and to follow these simple steps:
- Click on 'Create account' (top right or bottom middle of the MyAccount page).
- Click 'Send me an email to activate MyAccount'.
- You will receive an email to activate your account - click the link in the email.
Once your new account is activated, log in with your email address and new password.
- Click on 'Register' to view and manage your Council Tax account
- Enter your Council Tax account number as shown on your bill
- Enter your postcode
- Click 'Complete address' then select the correct address from the list
- You will be asked a “known fact” about your account.
- Click 'Submit' to complete the registration of your account.
Moving into Bedford Borough?
If you are moving into Bedford Borough, create an account first:
Create a My Account
Then use the ‘change of address/moving into Bedford Borough’ link.
Once logged in to 'My Council Tax' you can also
- register to view or apply for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax support online.
- choose the ‘Apply for Housing Benefit’ link if you want to make a new claim for help to pay your Council Tax.
Need to change your address?
Use the ‘Change of Address’ if you have moved address or are in the process of moving. You can do this once you have registered and/or logged in to your account.