The fees for Marriages, and Civil Partnerships, with effect from 1st January 2020, are as follows:
- Monday to Thursday
- Approved venue: £502.30
- Ceremony Room at Old Town Hall: £212.20
- Friday and Saturday
- Approved venue: £553.50
- Ceremony Room at Old Town Hall: £317.80
- Approved venue: £658.10
- Ceremony Room at Old Town Hall: £371.10
- Bank Holiday
- Approved venue: £688.80
- Ceremony Room at Old Town Hall: £424.40
- Other fees
- Ceremony Planning Meeting: £51.30
- Statutory fee ceremony (Bedford Register Office): £46
Marriage/Civil Partnership certificates may be ordered online at a cost of £11 each.
We are unable to perform ceremonies on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, or New Year's Day.
Giving Notice of Marriage/Civil Partnership
- The current fee for entering a Notice of Marriage is £35 for each person.
- The current fee for entering a Notice of Civil Partnership is £35 for each person.
- The current fee for consideration of a Foreign Divorce is £50-£75, depending on whether the divorce can be authorized locally or needs to be referred to the General Register Office.
We only accept payment by debit/credit card only.
If you have decided to have your ceremony in an approved venue which is licensed to hold civil ceremonies, such as a hotel. Once you have reserved a date with the venue you must then contact the Superintendent Registrar for the district where the venue is located, to check availability for Registration Officers to attend the venue on your chosen date.
If your ceremony is to be in a religious building other than the Church of England (eg. a non-conformist Church, a Temple or Mosque) it is your responsibility to retain the services of a religious minister or other religious leader to officiate at your ceremony. It is also your responsibility to check with the authorities for the religious building whether they hold their own register for the building. If the religious building does not hold their own register you will need to contact the Registrars for the district where the religious building is located to book a Registrar to attend your ceremony.
To book a ceremony in the Borough of Bedford please email us on: email@example.com
Ceremony fees are required in full at the time of booking.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions (PDF) regarding refunds in the event of a cancellation.