Complaints about schools

If you have a complaint about a school, please contact the school concerned for details of their complaints procedure.

Generally most complaints can be resolved informally with the child’s class teacher, form tutor or Head of Year. If not, parents should write to the Headteacher and if the matter is still not resolved write to the Chair of Governors at the school address.

All complaints not resolved by the school, following the process above, should be referred to the Secretary of State.

Guidance on making a complaint about a school can be found on the Department for Education website.