Carers in Bedfordshire provide support services for carers in Bedford Borough.
You can also look at our Adult Social Care Community Directory for advice and support when caring for someone.
Carers cafes are somewhere the carer, cared for and immediate family can go to meet new people, socialise and enjoy the services being provided.
Support and information for carers is available alongside a variety of activities and treatments. These include massages, facials, hairdressing, chiropody and activities such as photography and cooking demonstrations.
You may be able to apply for a carers grant to pay for a break, activity, service or training, to improve your health or wellbeing. Examples of what you can apply for
- day trips and activities
- stress relieving therapies
- equipment for the home to help with daily tasks
- training to help with improving your confidence, skills, knowledge or job prospects
A friendly, confidential space for carers in the Bedford Hospital and Luton and Dunstable Hospital. Drop in for information, advice, practical and emotional support. Lounges are staffed by support workers and volunteers from Carers in Bedfordshire. So if you are visiting the hospitals, please call in for a coffee and a chat! No appointment or referral is needed.
- Bedford Hospital Carers Lounge located on the off the main corridor of the hospital (South Wing), near the Committee Room and the Faith and Belief Room.
- Luton and Dunstable Hospital Carers Lounge located on the ground floor in St Marys Wing
Carers support groups
Find carers support groups open to all carers of any age and any background, in your local area. They are a great place to meet other carers in a similar situation, or to have a chat with one of our experienced support workers.
There is specific support for young carers: