A carer is a person who is unpaid and looks after or supports someone who needs help with their day-to-day life. This may be because of:
- their age
- a long-term illness
- mental health
- substance misuse
Carers in Bedfordshire is your first point of contact
Carers in Bedfordshire is your first point of contact if you are an unpaid carer. You can get:
- information and advice
- a grant to support a carer’s wellbeing that pays for things like a short break, activity, service or training, to improve your own health or wellbeing
- a discount card
- relaxation therapy
- young carers support
- dementia services
- Carers Lounge at Bedford hospital
- Memory Navigation Service
Free digital resources from Carers UK
We have teamed up with Carers UK to offer you a wide range of digital tools and essential resources that may help to make your caring situation easier.
Create an account and get free access to all the products and support resources.
Use the free access code DGTL9072.
Examples of Care UK digital resources
There are free modules, online training and downloads about:
- Nutrition and the importance of eating well
- How to cope with being a carer, building your resilience
- Jointly an innovative mobile and online app that is designed by carers for carers
You can find out more about 'looking after someone' in the Carers UK guide.