The Occupational Therapy Team is a team of Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants who can you advice and assess your needs.
We are available to take enquiries and referrals during the working day Monday to Friday.
We aim to provide you with an easily accessible specialist service to enable you to live independently within your own home.
We will work with you to:
- improve your quality of life
- increase your independence and safety
- enable you to access other support services
- increase your choice and control
Services we provide
After an initial assessment over the phone, we will arrange to visit you in your home to find out what your needs are through a Specialist Occupational Therapy Assessment.
Following our assessment we may be able to provide you with:
- equipment to promote your safety and independence (eg raised toilet seat or trolley)
- minor adaptations to your home (eg grab rails or stair rails)
- guidance or advice on how you can adapt your lifestyle to make your life easier
- information regarding voluntary agencies that may be able to provide you or your carer with support
Where appropriate we may recommend major adaptations to your property through the local housing authorities (according to property ownership).
We work closely with the local hospitals, Primary Care Trust, Housing, Social Care colleagues and the voluntary sector.
How to contact us
Occupational Therapy Team
Bedford Borough Council
Tel: 01234 718006
Fax: 01234 276350
Download our leaflet here - Specialist Assistance for People with Physical Disabilities (PDF)