The Bedford Borough Safeguarding Children Board and its safeguarding partners are continuing to ensure that children and young people are safeguarded and protected across Bedford Borough during the Coronavirus outbreak. The Board will be seeking assurances that agencies are working together to protect frontline services, keep their staff safe and key services running.
If you have any concern for a child or young person then please see the ‘Report a safeguarding concern’ section below.
It is important that you use official sources of information for updates and advice.
- For information what to do if you think you have coronavirus go to www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
- For advice and updates from the government, including stay at home advice and guidance for employers, employees and businesses, go to www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Bedford Borough Safeguarding Children Board Independent Chair
We want to make sure children and young people feel safe and cared for in Bedford Borough.
Working Together 2018 sets out requirements for new collaborative working arrangements for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families which will lead to improved outcomes and experiences. The new arrangements in Bedford Borough will still be named the Bedford Borough Safeguarding Children Board (BBSCB).
The Bedford Borough Safeguarding Children Board’s new Multi Agency Safeguarding Arrangements (MASAs) were published on 30 May 2019 and will be implemented from September 2019.
The MASA sets out the arrangements for safeguarding partners to work together with other agencies to identify and respond to the needs of children in Bedford Borough and the three safeguarding partners Bedford Borough Council, Bedfordshire Police and the Bedfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group have equal and joint responsibility for local safeguarding arrangements.
With the requirements of the Children and Social Work Act 2017 the responsibility for ensuring that Child Death Reviews are carried out when a child dies will move from LSCBs to Local Authorities and Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG) please see this statement from Bedfordshire CCG (Word).
Report a safeguarding concern
Contact the Integrated Front Door (previously MASH)
- Office hours: 01234 718700
- Out of hours: 0300 300 8123
You can also email a completed Integrated Front Door (previously MASH) referral form (Word) to Multi.Agency@bedford.gov.uk
In an emergency, phone the police on 999.
View our page on reporting a safeguarding concern.
Safeguarding Children Board
We want to make sure that children and young people feel safe and cared for in Bedford Borough.
By law every local authority must have a Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) looking after the safety of children and young people in their area. Ours is called the Bedford Borough Safeguarding Children Board.
Bedford Borough Safeguarding Children Board is made up of local multi agency representatives. Our role is to ensure that local agencies provide the best possible services for safeguarding children and the young people of Bedford Borough by ensuring:
- Our community is fully aware of what safeguarding measures which include child protection we have in place for all children up to 18 years old, including unborn babies
- Our practitioners including paid and unpaid get access to information on inter-agency procedures, training course including e-learning, national guidance and local guidance and useful links and resources.
Find out more about our board and its work in:
- the Working Together to Safeguard Children guide (PDF)
- our board structure and groups (PDF)
- our priorities for keeping children and young people safe (PDF)
- BBSCB Annual report 2018/19 (PDF)
- Child Death Overview Panel Annual report 2017-18 (PDF)
- our local poster (PDF)
- Serious Case Reviews
- Learning from cases and audits
- Our latest Learning Improvement Framework (PDF)
Our aim for this site is to provide a useful resource for the community of Bedford Borough whether you are a practitioner, child or young person, parent or carer. We want you to find this site helpful in supporting, providing you with information and keeping you appraised of the changing world of safeguarding children.
If you have any suggestions on how to improve the information we provide, please contact us by telephone on 01234 276512 or email us on email@example.com and let us know what other information would be helpful to you.
We hope that children and young people, families and communities will use the website as well as practitioners working with children and young people.
Jenny Myers - Independent Chair of the Bedford Borough Safeguarding Children Board
Contact the Safeguarding Children Board
Tel: 0300 300 6676