We want to make sure that children and young people feel safe and cared for in Bedford Borough.
By law every local authority must have a Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) looking after the safety of children and young people in their area. Ours is called the Bedford Borough Safeguarding Children Board.
Bedford Borough Safeguarding Children Board is made up of local multi agency representatives. Our role is to ensure that local agencies provide the best possible services for safeguarding children and the young people of Bedford Borough by ensuring:
- Our community is fully aware of what safeguarding measures which include child protection we have in place for all children up to 18 years old, including unborn babies
- Our practitioners including paid and unpaid get access to information on inter-agency procedures, training course including e-learning, national guidance and local guidance and useful links and resources.
You can find out more about our board and its work in:
- The Working Together to Safeguard Children guide (PDF).
- Our board structure and groups (PDF).
- Our priorities for keeping children and young people safe (PDF).
- Annual reports for the Board - BBSCB Annual report 2014/15, BBSCB Annual report 2015/16, BBSCB Annual report 2016/17, BBSCB Annual report 2017/18 (PDF).
- Child Death Overview Panel Annual reports – 2014/15, 2015/16 and 2016/17 (PDF).
- Local Authority Designated Officer Annual reports – 2012/13 (Word, 200KB), 2013/14 (Word, 334KB).
- Our newsletters - May 2017, May 2016, November 2015 (PDF) and March 2015 (Word, 3MB)
- Our local poster (PDF).
- Serious Case Reviews
- Learning from cases and audits
Our aim for this site is to provide a useful resource for the community of Bedford Borough whether you are a practitioner, child or young person, parent or carer. We want you to find this site helpful in supporting, providing you with information and keeping you appraised of the changing world of safeguarding children.
We also have specific pages for:
- children and young people
- parents and carers
- faith groups
- schools and educational settings
We hope you find the site a useful reference and information source.
Our site is continually changing as new information and advice becomes available. If you have any suggestions on how to improve the information we provide, please contact us by telephone on 01234 276512 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what other information would be helpful to you.
We hope that children and young people, families and communities will use the website as well as practitioners working with children and young people.
Jenny Myers - Independent Chair of the Bedford Borough Safeguarding Children Board
Bedford Borough Safeguarding Children Board
Room 509, Borough Hall
Telephone number : 01234 276512/276346
Training enquiries: 0300 300 6672/6676