Advice for children and young people

If you are being abused or you are supporting someone who has experienced abuse, please get in touch with us – you don’t have to say who you are. 

Talk to us

You can get help in any of these ways:

  • Ring the Duty Social Worker on 01234 718700, Monday to Thursday 8:50am to 5:20pm and Friday 8:50am to 4:20pm. 
  • You can also call the emergency duty team on 0300 300 8123 at night and weekends, and tell them what is happening.
  • In an emergency – ring the police on 999. 

If you don’t want to talk to someone you don’t know, you can ask an adult that you trust, like a teacher or youth worker or even a friend, to make the phone call for you. 

When people are working with children they have to follow set procedures, but they will explain to you what they will do and should be able to support you through the process.

Organisations to contact for help and advice