We are a specialist team of 3 Advisory Teachers and 3 Specialist Nursery Nurses.
We provide direct support to children under 5 years with SEND, their families and early years settings (including the private, voluntary and independent sector). Our aim is to contribute to achieving the best outcomes for children who have special educational needs and disabilities, as well as for their families.
The focus of our team delivery is:
- Early identification of special educational needs of pupils
referred from 18 months to the end of the Spring Term to Yr R
entry. Referrals are welcomed from health professionals and
education providers across the voluntary, private and independent
sector. Parents who have concerns for their child are
encouraged to discuss their concerns with health and / or education
providers who can make a referral on their behalf. All
referrals are considered at our Allocation Meeting and they are
accepted if they meet referral criteria.
- Contributing to the multi-disciplinary assessment at the Child
Development Centre so as to identify special educational needs at
an early stage (from referral).
- Supporting early intervention so as to meet the individual
needs of the child, their family and educational setting with a
view to raising achievement.
- Providing bespoke support through home teaching, parent and
child groups at the Child Development Centre (by invitation),
advice to early years providers.
- Providing training on behalf of Bedford Borough Council as well
as bespoke training for parents and early years providers in topics
such as Behaviour, Sleep and ASC.
- Fulfilling statutory duties within Bedford Borough Council and as identified in the Code of Practice.
Early Years Support Team
Child Development Centre
Telephone: 01234 290770