Skip to main content

The Governance Professional or Clerk

A Governance Professional or Clerk is someone who is paid to work for the governing board, providing procedural advice and administrative support. This role is vital in contributing towards the efficient and effective functioning of the board and its committees.

Bedford Borough Council do not provide a Clerking service but we do receive enquires from governing boards seeking to recruit a Governance Professional/Clerk. We can put you in touch with schools who are seeking to recruit.

If you are interested in taking on the role of Governance Professional/Clerk, please contact to find out about current vacancies.