Skip to main content

Early education and childcare for 2 year olds

Your 2 year old may be able to get early education and childcare if you live in England and get certain benefits.

If you have received a 'Play and Learning Voucher' or you think you may be eligible for 2 year old funding, you can register here:

  Register or sign in 

If you need help with the Parent Portal please read the guidance (PDF).

Income support that makes you eligible for 2 year old funding

  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Universal Credit, and your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, not including benefit payments
  • tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
  • the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act or have been refused asylum in the UK (known as ‘section 4’)
  • the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)


  • children born between 1 January and 31 March are eligible from the Summer term after Easter holidays (April).
  • children born between 1 April and 31 August are eligible from the Autumn term (September).
  • children born between 1 September and 31 December are eligible from the Spring term (January).

If your 2 year old is Looked After, adopted, has special educational needs and disabilities or you live outside Bedford Borough, please download, print and fill in this form. 

If you are a Zambrano Carer or have no course to public funds please download, print and fill in this application form. For more information please read this guidance

If you need any further support please email