Early education and childcare for 2 year olds
Your 2 year old may be able to get early education and childcare if you live in England and get certain benefits.
If you have received a 'Play and Learning Voucher' or you think you may be eligible for 2 year old funding, you can register here:
Register or sign in
If you need help with the Parent Portal please read the guidance (PDF).
Income support that makes you eligible for 2 year old funding
Your 2-year-old can get funded childcare if you live in England and get one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit, and your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, not including benefit payments
- child tax credits, and your household income is £16,190 a year or less before tax
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
2-year-olds can also get funded childcare if they:
- are looked after by a local authority
- have a statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- get Disability Living Allowance
- have left care under an adoption order, special guardianship order or a child arrangements order
You may have to pay for extra costs like meals, nappies or trips.
- children born between 1 January and 31 March are eligible from the Summer term after Easter holidays (April).
- children born between 1 April and 31 August are eligible from the Autumn term (September).
- children born between 1 September and 31 December are eligible from the Spring term (January).
If your 2 year old is Looked After, adopted, has special educational needs and disabilities or you live outside Bedford Borough, please download, print and fill in this form.
If you need any further support please email firstname.lastname@example.org