Use the form below to request new, extra or replacement black / orange / green lidded bins.
What bins you should have
Most residents have a set of three bins:
- a 180 litre black lidded rubbish bin
- a 240 litre orange lidded recycling bin
- a 240 litre green lidded garden waste bin
Extra/additional recycling bins
If you have an ongoing requirement for additional recycling bin capacity, this should be requested or purchased using the 'order a replacement bin' option above.
If there are six or more permanent residents in a property, or if there are special circumstances such as residents needing to dispose of medical waste, you may be eligible for a larger sized 360 litre bin following an audit / visit.
You can replace your current orange lidded 240 litre bin with a 360 litre bin for a one-off charge of £41.70.
Or, you can purchase an additional orange 240 litre bin for a one-off charge of £41.70.
Extra / additional green garden waste bins
You can buy an extra 240 litre green lidded bin for a one-off charge of £43.50.
Lost / stolen / damaged bins
Charges apply to replace lost / stolen bins.
For households unable to store a bin we provide two free rolls of orange sacks per year, delivered to your property in April.
Free rolls of orange recycling sacks are available for residents to collect from various collection points across the Borough. Orange sacks are provided for residents to use where there is an occasional requirement to dispose of more recycling than will fit in the orange lidded recycling bin, and should be placed out alongside your recycling bin on collection day.
Orange recycling sacks can be collected from one of the locations below:
- Borough Hall reception
- Customer Contact Centre on Horne Lane, Bedford
- Bedford Central Library
- Bromham Library
- Kempston Town Library
- Putnoe Library
- Wootton Library
- The Mobile Library
Please note sacks can only be collected from libraries during staffed hours.
These Parish Councils also have a supply of orange sacks to distribute to their villages:
- Bletsoe Parish Council
- Bolnhurst and Keysoe Parish Council – collect sacks from College Farm Equestrian Centre, Church Road, Keysoe
- Brickhill Parish Council
- Carlton and Chellington Parish Council - collect sacks from the village shop
- Clapham Parish Council
- Great Barford Parish Council
- Harrold Parish Council
- Kempston Rural Parish Council
- Kempston Town Council
- Little Staughton Parish Council
- Melchbourne and Yelden - collect sacks from Melchbourne Village Hall
- Pavenham Parish Council
- Sharnbrook Parish Council - collect sacks from Scott Veterinary Clinic, High Street, Sharnbrook
- Stagsden Parish Council
- Stevington Parish Council
- Stewartby Parish Council
- Thurleigh Parish Council
- Turvey Parish Council
- Wilden Parish Council
- Wilstead Parish Council - collect sacks from the Parish Office (open Tuesdays 9am to midday)
- Wixams Parish Council
- Wyboston, Chawston and Colesden Parish Council
- Wymington Parish Council - sacks can be collected from New Inn public house
If a Parish Council is not listed above they do not supply orange recycling sacks. Contact your Parish Council directly instead.