Find information and guidance on planning in our 'how to' guides'.
How to guides
Check the Bedford Borough Council map (PDF) first to make sure the site or enquiry is in the area dealt by us.
- Guide 1 - View plans, decisions and documents if you have the application number (PDF)
- Guide 2 - Find applications, plans, decisions and documents without an application number (PDF)
- Guide 3 - View and print Tree Preservation Orders (TPO's), listed building descriptions, enforcement notices, appeal decisions, committee reports and Section 106 agreements (PDF).
- Guide 4 - Carry out a complete planning history search on a property (PDF).
- Guide 5 - Comment, view comments, neighbour notification and Personal Data policy (PDF)
GDPR privacy statement for comments on applications (PDF)
In addition to the above How to Guide, please refer to the following: Material Planning Matters (PDF) - what planning can or not consider when making a decision
- Guide 6 - Submit a planning application, disclosing personal data and the application determination process (applicant/agent guide) (PDF)
GDPR Privacy Statement for Applicant / Agents
GDPR Privacy Statement for Certificates of Ownership
- Guide 7 - Use the planning map (PDF)
- Guide 8 - How to use the planning card index to find historic applications 1948 to 1994 (PDF)
- Guide 9 - How to use the plotting sheets to find historic applications 1948 to 1994 (PDF)
- Guide 10 - How to find the planning use of a property (PDF).
- Guide 11 - How to use the measuring tool (PDF)
- Guide 12 - How to check for permitted development (PDF)
- Guide 13 - How to discharge planning conditions (PDF)
- Guide 14 - Information on Prior Notifications (PDF)
- Guide 15 - How to find planning documents after a CON29/land search (PDF)
Contact planningContact planning to view the:
- development management service plan
- the right to speak scheme
- the planning scheme of delegation
- planning frequently asked questions,
- matters not dealt with by planning
- contact details