Employment land study
- Employment Land Study Report (PDF)
- Employment Land Study Appendices (PDF)
- Employment Land Study Map 1a (PDF)
- Employment Land Study Map 1b (PDF)
- Employment Land Study Map 2a (PDF)
- Employment Land Study Map 2b (PDF)
- Employment Land Study Map 3a (PDF)
- Employment Land Study Map 3b (PDF)
Strategic flood risk assessment
A Level 1 assessment of strategic flood risk has been completed for the borough area.
This Strategic Flood Risk Assessment will support the preparation of the Local Plan 2035.
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment Level 1 update (PDF)
- Figure 1 - Flood zones (PDF)
- Figure 2 - Recorded Historic Flooding and Sewer Flooding (PDF)
- Figure 3 - Surface Water Flooding (PDF)
- Figure 4 - Area Susceptible to Groundwater Flooding (PDF)
- Figure 5 - British Geological Society Bedrock Geology (PDF)
- Figure 6 - British Geological Society Bedrock Aquifer Designation (PDF)
- Figure 7 - Environment Agency Flood Warning and Flood Alert Areas (PDF)
- View Figure 8 - Hazard Mapping 1 in 25 Year Event (PDF)
- Figure 9 - Hazard Mapping 1 in 100 Year Event (PDF)
- Figure 10 - Hazard Mapping 1 in 1000 Year Event (PDF)
- Figure 11 - Hazard Mapping 1 in 100 Year Event Plus Climate Change (PDF)
- Figure 12 - Flood Defences, Flood Storage Areas and Structures (PDF)
Landscape character assessment
Consultants LUC worked with Bedford Borough Council to prepare an update to the 2007 landscape character assessment for Bedford Borough. The 2014 landscape character assessment provides technical guidance and evidence to underpin planning and landscape management decisions in the borough.
Bedford Borough Council commissioned GVA Grimley in June 2005 to complete a retail study for the borough. The purpose of this study is to provide robust and up to date information for the development of Local Development Framework documents.
Strategic housing market assessment
Sets out the Objectively Assessed Housing Need for Bedford Borough. Supports the emerging Local Plan 2035.
Strategic housing land availability assessment
Bedford's Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) was published in March 2010. This technical study assesses potential housing sites in order to provide evidence on housing supply. The study informs the Bedford Development Framework, specifically the Allocations and Designations Plan.
- No.1 (PDF)
- No.2 (PDF)
- No.3 (PDF)
- No.4 (PDF)
- No.5 (PDF)
- No.6 (PDF)
- No.7 (PDF)
- No.8 (PDF)
- No.9 (PDF)
- No.10 (PDF)
- No.11 (PDF)
- No.12 (PDF)
- No.13 (PDF)
Bedford waterspace strategy
This study is intended to provide a framework for promoting river related projects, which will help stimulate long-term regeneration of the river corridor within the Bedford Area.
Water cycle study
The Council has worked with partners Anglian Water, Central Bedfordshire Council, the Environment Agency and the Internal Drainage Board Bedford Group to produce a Water Cycle Study. The study is in two parts, an Outline Report and a Detailed Report. The Water Cycle Study addresses water infrastructure issues associated with the delivery of growth to 2021.
Detailed water cycle study April 2012
- Part 1 - Introduction, Ch 1 and 2 (PDF)
- Part 2 - Ch 3 and 4 (PDF)
- Part 3 - Ch 5 and 6, Glossary (PDF)
- Appendices (PDF)