If you already have a crossover and want to prevent people parking in front of it, we can provide an H-bar marking.
This is a white line that runs across your driveway parallel to the kerb line. This emphasises that there is a driveway there and discourages parking in front of it. You can report nuisance parking here.
Costs of H-bar marking
The charge for the assessment is non-refundable and does not guarantee we will approve the H-bar marking request.
- H-Bar assessment - £93.90 (non refundable)
- H-Bar assessment for Blue Badge Holders - free of charge
- H-Bar installation - £112.60
How we assess a H-bar marking
An assessment will be carried out within 10 working days of the receipt of the completed application together with the appropriate fee.
After the assessment, we will contact you to let you know whether your application was successful.
If successful, we will send you a form requesting your consent to carry out the works and a request for payment for the H-bar marking installation.
Request a H-bar line marking
To request a H-bar line marking, please contact the Highways Helpdesk on Highways.firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01234 718003.
Conditions to H-bar line marking
- Applying for a H-bar is separate to applying for a dropped kerb (crossover). Having a dropped kerb is no guarantee that you’ll get an H-bar marking.
- Blue Badge holders don't need to pay the assessment fee, however, they must reside at the dwelling where the H-bar marking is to be installed.
- Vehicles must be stored off the public highway.
- Following payment, we will try to complete the works within two months, subject to weather conditions and providing the area is clear of parked vehicles.
- We will be responsible for all future maintenance of the H-bar.