The Rights of Way Improvement Plan (PDF) is a 5 year programme of activity to improve access to the countryside to meet the current and future needs of the residents of Bedford Borough and visitors to the area.
We must publish a plan with the aim of creating greater access to the countryside, achieving wide social and economic benefits, and also protecting the environment. It must consider:
- how the public rights of way network meets the present and likely future needs of the public
- what opportunities are provided for exercise and health, recreation and enjoyment of the countryside
- how accessible the countryside is to blind or partially sighted people and those with restricted mobility
We will review the plan every 5 years at the same time as we review our transport plans.
- Appendix 1 Research carried out for the Bedford Borough RoWIP 3 (PDF)
- Appendix 2 Important Strategies linked with RoWIP 3 (PDF)
- Appendix 3 The Consultation process (PDF)
- Appendix 4 RoWIP 2 reviewed (PDF)