Public charitable house to house collections

To carry out house-to-house collections for charitable purposes in England and Wales you need a licence from the local authority

Before you apply

Please read through the guidance notes below carefully before completing the application form.

Please note - an application for a permit shall be made in writing not later than one month before the date on which it is proposed to make the collection.


Public Charitable House to House Collections licence is free.

Public Register of House to House Collections

GDPR and Privacy Statements

The full Privacy Statement for Charitable Collections can be viewed here.