Sex establishment

To run a sex shop - ie any premises selling sex toys, books or videos - you may need a licence from the local authority. To run a venue where explicit films are shown to members of the public, you also need a licence from the local authority.

Before you apply

Download and read the following documents carefully before you apply for a licence.  

Notes and guidance

To download our current sex establishment application form, guidance notes and certificate, please click on the link below:

Pay for a licence 

New Annual Sex Establishment Licence Fee: £4500

Renewal Sex Establishment : £2500 From April 2017

Pay for a sex establishment licence

GDPR and privacy statements

View the full privacy statement for Sex Shop and Sexual Entertainment Venue (SEV) Licences