Facilities used for betting, gaming and participating in a lottery as defined in the Gambling Act 2005 require a Premises Licence or Permit from the Local Licensing Authority. Non-commercial societies also require to register with the Local Licensing Authority to operate small scale lotteries.
Apply for a licence
To apply for a Premises Licence or Permit, applicants must complete and submit an application form (with the required scale plans of the facilities) and pay the required fee. They must serve copies of the application on the responsible authorities and give notice at the site and in a local newspaper. Responsible authorities and those who could be affected by the proposed activities may make representations on the application within 28 days of the notices.
You can download application forms using the links on this page. Once signed, you can also return them electronically. Online payment of the required fee is available further down the document titled 'fees'.
Premises licences and other authorisations
GA2005 Application for a Provisional Statement (PDF)Central government has prescribed the application forms for Premises Licences and other Authorisations under the Gambling Act 2005. These application forms are available below:
- GA2005 Application for a Premises Licence Standard Form (PDF)
- GA2005 Application for a Reinstatement of a Premises Licence (PDF)
- GA2005 Application to Transfer a Premises Licence (PDF)
- GA2005 Application to Vary a Premises Licence (PDF)
When making an application for a Premises Licence, notice must be given to each of the responsible authorities within a period of 7 days beginning on the date on which the application is made.
Notice application forms
To download these 'Notice' application forms, click below:
- GA2005 Notice of Application Premises Licence (PDF)
- GA2005 Notice of Premises Licence Application A Single Application (PDF)
- GA2005 Notice of Premises Licence Application B Joint Applicants (PDF)
- GA2005 Notice of Application Provisional Statement (PDF)
Central Government has prescribed the application forms for Permits under the Gambling Act 2005. These application forms are available below:
- GA2005 Notification of two or less Gaming Machines or Licensed Gaming Machine Permit Application (PDF)
- GA2005 Application Form For Club Gaming Permit or Club Machine Permit (PDF)
- GA2005 Application for the Conversion or New Grant or Change of name of an Unlicensed Family Entertainment Centre Gaming Machine (PDF)
- GA2005 Application for the Conversion or New Grant or Change of name of a Prize Gaming Permit (PDF)
You can make an online payment here. Scroll down to the relevant section of the page titled 'Gambling Act 2005'.
Current applications for Gambling Act 2005
Address of Premises
Details of Application
Last date for Representations
None at present