We fund the following emergency beds every night though winter to 31 March 2020.
'Somewhere safe to stay' Hub
To make sure you have access to an emergency bed at the new 'Somewhere safe to stay' Hub, then visit the Prebend Day Centre (see details below) or contact the Council’s Housing Options Team at any time on 01234 267422.
'Somewhere safe to stay' Hub:
- open 24 hours a day
- somewhere safe for people who are sleeping rough to stay for a short time
- offers emergency homelessness advice
- 39 beds for rough sleepers throughout the year
- in addition, there are 22 extra beds every night throughout the winter period, until the end of March.
SMART Prebend day centre
12-14 Prebend Street, Bedford MK40 1QW (opens in Google Maps)
SMART Prebend Centre is open every day:
- 8.30am to 1pm, Monday to Friday
- 8.30am to 12 midday, Saturday and Sunday
You will meet a friendly team and specialist outreach workers who will provide you with a listening ear, advice and support to help you access services and accommodation as quickly as possible.
You can have:
- breakfast, lunch and emergency food packs
- showers and toiletries
- phone and postal services
Nightshelter - King's Arms projectNightshelter - King's Arms project have 18 beds available every night, not just in winter.
- 50 Clarendon Street, Bedford MK41 7SJ (opens in Google Maps)
- Telephone: 01234 266085
Open every day between 6.30pm to 9am.
You can have:
- bed for the night
- hot meals each evening
- breakfast in the morning
- free laundry service to all the residents and visitors
The Nightshelter is a ‘direct access’ facility and no referrals are required.
If you find a person sleeping rough
If you are aware of someone sleeping rough we urge you to use StreetLink.
This is a website, app and telephone service which people can take positive action when they see someone sleeping rough by sending an alert that connects that person to local services for support.
Contact Tabitha Resta, Rough Sleeper Coordinator at email@example.com for direct queries.
To find out more about services available to help and support rough sleepers in Bedford or to find out how to make a donation visit the Bedford Homeless Partnership website.