We are the Lead Local Flood Authority and have a duty to investigate certain incidents of flooding. Report an incident to have it looked into.
When we investigate
The need to investigate an incident of flooding is determined on a case-by-case basis by the Council. It takes into account factors such as uncertainty in the cause of flooding and the number of properties which have been affected.
What we do
Our investigation will look at the flooding issue in detail and try to establish what happened, what was affected and why. It will also suggest ways of reducing the risk of repeat events in the future.
Only when Bedford Borough Council carries out a formal flood investigation must it publish the results of the investigation. It is not the responsibility of the council or the Investigating Officer to resolve the incident.
Published formal flood investigation reports
- Stewartby, Pillinge Road/Park Crescent April 2013 (PDF)
- Stevington, Silver Street February 2013 (PDF)
- Sharnbrook, Kennell Hill December 2012 (PDF)
- Bedford, Stour Way July 2013 (PDF)
- Hawk Drive, Bedford March 2016 (PDF)
- Carlton Lower School, Carlton March 2016 (PDF)
- Riseley, Bedfordshire March 2016 (PDF)
- Upper Dean, Bedfordshire March 2016 (PDF)
- Yelden, Bedfordshire March 2016 (PDF)