Due the Coronavirus pandemic, our committee meetings are being streamed online to ensure the Council's democratic decision making processes can continue seamlessly, and to enable residents and council members to attend virtually.
The best connection to videos is via Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari.
Calendar of meetings
For links to all virtual committee meetings held during 2020 and 2021 please go to the Calendar of meetings webpage.
Once on the page, you can scroll or select the month for all past or upcoming meetings that you are interested in.
Remote meeting etiquette
Normal meeting etiquette still applies to remote meetings.
Before entering a remote meeting setting, please be aware of your surroundings in the room where you are watching the meeting. Make sure you are comfortable and try to arrange that you will not be disturbed for the duration of the meeting.
Before the meeting
- Remember to charge your device in advance of the meeting or ensure you are plugged into a power source.
- Join the meeting 10 to 15 minutes before the start to ensure you can connect via the Cisco Webex desktop app.
- Switch off your mobile phone, or turn to silent, to avoid unnecessary interruptions.
During the meeting
- Please note that your microphone will be muted when you arrive in the meeting.
- You can unmute your microphone when the Chair invites you to speak.
- Only one person may speak at any one time.
The end of the meeting
The Chair will close the meeting and a message will appear on your screen to say that the meeting has ended.
Please contact the Democratic Services team via RighttoSpeak@bedford.gov.uk if you have any queries about remote committee meetings.