This Charter tells you about the level of service you can expect from Bedford Borough Council. It also tells you what we expect from you and what you can do if things go wrong. We want to give the best service we can to everyone that needs our help.
Our responsibilities to you:
- We will be friendly, helpful and professional at all times
- We won’t use jargon, we will use plain English
- We will treat everyone fairly, equally and with respect
- Make sure our offices are welcoming and pleasant. This includes providing private interview rooms
Our service to you:
- We will greet you as soon as you enter the Customer Service Centre
- We aim for you to been seen by an advisor within 15 minutes
- We aim to answer every telephone call you make to Customer Services
- We aim to answer all switchboard calls within 20 seconds
- We will respond to email enquiries within 10 days
- We will deal with your enquiry efficiently and effectively
Your responsibilities to us:
- Please behave in a considerate and polite way so that we can give you and other customers the standard of service you would expect
- Treat us with respect. We will not tolerate harassment, threats or assaults
- Let us know what you think about the service and how we can improve what we do
- Give us complete and accurate information on time
Comment, compliment or complaint:
- Sometimes you may feel we haven’t provided you with the level of service you expected.
- Sometimes we may exceed your expectations
If you have any comments on our service let us know using the form below.