Skip to main content

Make a complaint about workplace safety

If you have a concern that something in your workplace is breaking health and safety law and is likely to cause serious harm, you can report it.

The responsibility for enforcing health and safety regulations is split between local authorities and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).

We regulate health and safety for:

  • offices, shops, restaurants and canteens
  • catering services
  • animal care
  • consumer services
  • goods storage and retail
  • coin operated launderettes
  • therapeutic and beauty services
  • undertakers
  • childcare, playgroups and  nursery facilities

Any other type of premises will be regulated by the Health and Safety Executive including:

  • garage and motor vehicle repair
  • manufacturing
  • mobile workers (such as gas fitters, electricians and plumbers)
  • construction and building work
  • schools and colleges
  • hospitals and nursing homes

Make a complaint to the Health Safety Executive

Report your complaint on the HSE website.

Make a complaint to us

Tell us about a workplace safety concern.